Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day

Busy day here, so the entry is late in coming in, sorry!

Well Friday afternoon mom said that all the cakes were done, she has pictures of all of them, I will try to get them from her & post them. Just as a fun thing to look at after you read the days happenings. Mom also brought dad home a chocolate chip cookie from the FCCLA girls. She said they sold every cookie they made! I would say that was a success! I think they were making some more today too!

They had a pretty good Friday night. Danna dropped Kevin off while her & Sue went to the visitation for a friend from high school's grandmother. They watched a movie, but I don't remember which one. Then once the girls got back, Sue cut dad's hair. So it was a good trip all around.

Saturday I went down so that mom could go get her hair done. Dad's hair cut looked great. Sue did a wonderful job! : ) Thanks Sue! Plus mom was looking quite fabulous too, once her hair was done Saturday afternoon. Dad & I watched a college basketball game while he ate lunch. He was up about an hour before he decided it was time to rest. So he missed the good Missouri game, but we did watch a pretty good game between Pitt and Notre Dame. I did manage to run mom's Rainbow. Every time I use it, I want one more, oh well, someday! Once mom got back we looked at the new garden book I got in the mail. It was very cool, it had proposed landscaping and the layout for each type. We talked about many possibilities for the farm and for my house. I am anxious to do some planting around the yard. I only have a few ideas, so looking at all the magazines helps. Mom has lots of ideas, too, so that is good!

Saturday night mom and dad watched a movie and dad stayed up for the whole thing. They watched "Never been kissed", I told mom that was a good Valentine and she agreed! Then on Sunday they had a lazy afternoon until Danna and Kevin stopped by, and then Aunt Kathy came too. Mom and Kevin made up a new stand for her bird bath that Aunt Donna gave her. It was on the porch, but she was afraid that the birds just couldn't see it. So they made a new stand so it can be in the front yard, in a visible area. I hope that she gets a few birds bathing in it soon! : )
When I called this morning the nurse was there and they were ready to change dad's dressing on his pressure sore, so she couldn't talk very long. She said that they had a good night and that dad was up once to use the bathroom and then she woke up and saw the sun shining, so she knew it was time to get up! Dad woke up a bit later, after mom had made her 1st cup of coffee.

That about sums it up. Happy Valentine's Day and thanks for checking on dad.

Nic

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nic,
You probably don't know me but I went to college with your mom. I have been keeping up on your mom and dad through the blog. I had been emailing your mom but I know she is busy and she reminded me about the blog. I never knew you could do this type of thing. I am not computer literate!
Anyway, I wanted to say that you and Danna are two of the BEST daughters in the world. You are certainly helping your mom and dad more than you can imagine. I am very proud of you as I am sure your parents are too!!! I know too that Andy is doing what he can too-is much harder when you are farther away and have a family of your own.
Wish your mom and dad a Happy Valentines Day and the same to you and Danna and spouses. I was happy to hear that you both got married this last year. My daughter is engaged now and is planning an April of 2006 wedding. It is an exciting time.
Take care and I will keep a check on everyone. Verlee Henry

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home