Monday, February 07, 2005

Snow...

Well mom and dad got about 1/2" to 1" of snow last night. In Omaha we got more, luckily in the southern part of town we didn't get too much.... here is the recap of the weekend.

Friday night Danna went to stay, so mom could sleep upstairs again. She also thought that her electric blanket was on the blink, so Danna brought her a new one. Mom said it was so nice to be warm upstairs! She was very thankful for the new blanket. Saturday Danna stayed so mom could go get groceries for school for the week. Mom also baked more cakes. She thought she would just make all 18 cakes that were needed for her 9 students. (she did get them done on Sunday!) Mom got a few phone calls on Saturday from Aunt Betty, Andy and me... I am sure she talked to other people too, but I know those for sure. It was a pretty quiet day.

Yesterday dad was tired. He slept most of the time I was there. When he woke up he told mom he was just depressed and worn out. He just wanted to sleep all day. He did eat some lunch and ice cream while watching golf. We also convinced him to let mom shave and wash his hair. After that, Mom went over to the school to take all the cakes over and l stayed there with him. It was pretty quiet. He did watch tv for a while, but was more interested in sleeping. Mom did watch part of the super bowl. I talked to her a couple times during it, she was busy putting information about the farm expenses for taxes. She thinks she has enough for the accountant to start, then he can tell her what else she needs. Dad always took care of most of that, so she is slowly learning about it now.

This morning when I called mom said they kind of slept in today. They didn't get up and around till about 9 and when I called at almost 11, the nurse, Karen was there. Mom said she would tell me his vitals later. She also said that Virginia the social worker from hospice was coming, too. This afternoons visitors are the minister from town, Jack, and then I think, Leonard and Barb Wilkens. I could be wrong. She told me last night and I was watching the super bowl and didn't write it down.

So not much happening of interest, but thought I would let you know about the weekend.

Thanks for checking on dad,

Nic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home