Monday, April 25, 2005

The Daughter In Law View

Hello all! I thought I would just write a little note to represent the "in-law" view.

The last several months have seemed a little empty as I'm sure you can all imagine. I have been blessed with my escape into poetry to help me get through the hard times. I still love to look back at the memories of my almost 9 years with Dad. I thought I'd share some of my favorite memories with you all!

1) The best memory for me is sharing the news of our first pregnancy with Mom & Dad. We were sitting in Maryville at A & G when Andy and I handed them a grandparent picture frame. Dad jumped out of the booth to give Andy a big hug and shake his hand while Mom cried as we knew she would.

2) I had very few opportunities to golf with Dad. I remember meeting Dad & Marv out at Mozingo one bright sunny Saturday morning. They all tolerated my poor performance and cheered me on with every decent hit I made. It was an afternoon to remember.

3) Being the wonderful sports fan that I am I had many memorable moments bonding over ESPN with dad. Never did I experience such highs as getting to take Dad to Arrowhead to watch the Chiefs vrs. the Steelers and to Kaufmann Stadium to have him watch my poor Royals against his beloved Cardinals. To see his eyes as he took in the action, the sights, the smells and the awesome atmosphere will live with me forever!

I guess those are some of my favorite memories! I hope many of you still check in on this site! We'd love to hear your comments or to have you share some of your favorite memories. Send those to us and we'll get them posted on the site for other family/friends to read about!!

Hope you are all well! Keep our family in your prayers!

Love,

Jennifer Scott (Andy's wife)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home