Thursday, March 03, 2005

Elbow trouble

Mom somehow twisted her elbow wrong yesterday and was in some pain. She took some ibuprofen and put some ice and heat on it and was feeling a bit better this morning. She was having trouble pulling dad up last night and she told him that she didn't think she could move him. He said "we're screwed". Which is a strange comment for him to make, but still funny! But she was able to get him repositioned this morning ok.

Dad ate all but one bite of the food mom made for his lunch, which is good. Then he slept most of the afternoon. Bill and Alena Fichter are watching Mark and Benita's children while they are out of town and so they had Isaac with them. They were commenting on how busy the kids were, they were keeping them hopping. Bill was telling mom that some of the tree branches they were trimming may be worth some money. So mom is going to try to find out more about that before she burns them all.

Mom also said that her students pies turned out pretty good. I think she was pleased and happy that another busy unit was complete.

This morning when I called the guy that wanted a fuel tank, Mr. Beetle, was there and had written her a check for the fuel tank. He said she was the only person who called him. They were waiting for Tom Polluck to come help move it with a tractor to his trailer. He volunteered to help, which was very nice. Mom said that Mr. Beetle knew Tom from a management meeting of some kind, small world. So I didn't get to talk to her too long this morning. She said that dad had a good night and was sleeping when I called.

That is about it, thanks for checking on dad.

Nic

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Tell your mom THANKS for emailing me today. I know it is a hard and busy time for you all and for her to take the time to do that is heartwarming. I just wish I was able to do something for you. I didn't email her back as I figure she won't be in school to get the email so hope you will see this. My prayers include all of you. I wrote this on Monday, March 7.
Love,
Verlee

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home