Monday, March 21, 2005

Message from Nic

Hello all, Nic here again. I know that Andy has posted a few things and mom did as well. I know she plans on keeping the post for a while. It is nice for me to go back and read the 1st entries that dad wrote. Plus I heard many people tell me how thankful they were for the blog. It is nice to know all my ramblings helped keep people informed.

I wanted let you know that we were overwhelmed with the support of the community, friends, and family throughout the past few weeks. As Bill's daughter, I always thought he was a wonderful dad and a great guy, but it was nice to have the support and hear the stories of others who felt the same. Thank you all.

When I was driving home yesterday to hang out with mom, I saw many farmers in the field. I think in the back of my mind I thought dad would pass in the spring. He surely considered all the people that he thought might come to visitation and the funeral and wouldn't have wanted them to miss out on too much work in the field. Or would he want them to have to work extra at night and take away from time with their families. Dad was always thinking of others, I think even in his death.

We have all been keeping busy, as dad would have wanted. I think he would laugh at the number of times we have been shopping lately. He didn't mind going shopping, but surely would have questioned what else we needed. We also have been getting lots of things done at the house. We got the basement cleaned up and Kevin installed a new electrical outlet and a new cable hook up for the tv. Kevin is also hoping to get down to frame up mom's wood shop soon... we will keep you posted.

Not much else to report, just wanted to write, say hi and thanks to everyone...

Nic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home