Friday, March 04, 2005

Visitors from KC

Well Andy and the kids came up today to stay with dad while mom was at the blood mobile. Dad was pretty worn out again today. Yesterday he had his bath when Jill from hospice was there, which always tires him out. He was really sleepy last night while I was there. Mom and I had a wonderful time last night. I brought some more salmon down to grill and we enjoyed that for a late supper. Then I baked 2 batches of chocolate chip cookies for the blood mobile today. Mom had made 2 batches of brownies and a batch of rice krispie treats. I also made a pan of peanut butter bars. So I hope they had enough! : )

Dad got a very nice letter from one of his former students yesterday, too. She graduated from Villisca and fellow NWMSU alum, then went on to become an elementary teacher and girls basketball coach. She said that dad was a great teacher and when she started coaching basketball, she understood why they had to do the things she didn't like to do in practice, she said it finally made sense. It was very touching and I would like to thank her for the letter, of course I forgot to write her name down....

I called mom this morning to make sure that she was up and around. She had to be a school by 09:45, and had a few things to do before she went. She said 3 times what a nice day it was today. I sure hope she gets to have her coffee on the porch or outside by the pond with the kids, after school. I also called Andy around lunch and he and the kids made it safely. They were having fun playing, but were perplexed why Nana was not there.... I guess that would be weird, you go to her house and she is gone, hard for little kids to get. They were just getting ready to eat lunch, Andy said that mom was going to try to come home for a bit to see them and check on dad. : )

Yesterdays visitors were Colleen Alley and Jill from hospice. Colleen brought more "sunshine" for dad's room, she brought flowers again. They are very cheery and bright, thanks Colleen!
Today Stan and Shirley Schaaf were out early to the house before Andy got there from KC. So a big thanks for taking time out of their Friday morning.

I hope that the blood mobile went well today, I will tell you about it on Monday. I am headed home tomorrow morning. Mom has a hair cut in Glenwood and plus, I want to see Andy and the kids before they go back to Missouri! Danna and Kevin are going down on Sunday and since the weather is supposed to be nice, they are going to bring the dogs with them. They always have a good time running around the farm!

Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for checking on dad.

Nic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home