Friday, February 25, 2005

Beautiful Friday.

Happy Birthday Brenda Scott!

Well when I talked to mom this morning she was enjoying the great day. She was sitting outside and having her coffee. A couple minutes later, Tom Polluck, who was getting beans out of the grain bin, came up to chat and then Uncle Cliff stopped by as well. Today is Brenda's birthday so
he had to head out to take her to lunch. I let them chat and called her back. She said that Aunt Kathy had called as well, to see if mom needed anything in Shenandoah. She couldn't think of anything. I got the carpet sample for the chair yesterday and will be headed back to home depot to see if I can find a suitable paint for the old step stool to get a face lift.

Yesterday afternoon I had a nice trip back to Randolph, had to stop in Tabor a James' Grocery and saw a couple people I knew. They mostly just look at me like I am a complete stranger, so that was a change. Mom and I grilled some salmon and tilapia for supper. She was pleased with my selection and had some for leftovers today. She also made her chocolate muffins. Danna found these great muffins at Bakers, and mom liked having them with her coffee. But you can't always get them, because they are popular. So I found a mix that is pretty close, so now mom has muffins for the weekend.

Dad was pretty tired out, but did watch some of the TV shows that were on last night. He said "oh that silly show again". Every show was silly and he wasn't finding much humor in any of them last night. He preferred to sleep. He ate a few bites of supper, but it wasn't going
down too well, so he laid down. Mom said that he didn't eat much breakfast today and she was hoping she could get him to eat lunch and take his pills before she left.

This afternoon Paul Barker was the first visitor and then Stan and Shirley Schaaf will be coming over. Danna and Kevin are planning on heading down tonight and they have a couple little projects to do in the morning for mom, before they head back to Omaha. I will be going down
on Sunday, but haven't heard if anyone else is visiting. Mom said we will talk more about the blood mobile this weekend and how we are going to swing that.

Hope you all have a good weekend and thanks for checking on dad.

Nic

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is Verlee again. Just wanted to say hi to your mom and the rest of you. We had some snow yesterday so I feel like I am back in Iowa. Had 6 inches which is a big snow for here. They are calling for more on Monday but we might just get rain. Will have to wait and see. It sounds like your mom keeps herself pretty busy. I wondered what the wood shop was going to be but I figured out your mom must be redoing furniture. Am I right? I wondered at first is she was going to build things-wouldn't surprise me! HA Take care and know that you are all in my prayers daily!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home