Monday, February 28, 2005

Nice Weekend

Good afternoon everyone. Well mom and dad had a nice weekend. Danna and Kevin were down on Friday night & left Saturday afternoon, but not before they did quite a bit of work around the house. Kevin was busy trimming branches on the trees. Mom was quite impressed with how much better it looked. Plus she worked hard & had it all burned yesterday. I will say it did look very good, it is amazing what a few branches trimmed out of the trees would improve the look that much. Mom enjoyed the weather and spent lots of time outside.

Yesterday dad was pretty tired out. He slept most of the time I was there. We did manage to get him up for a few bites of lunch and for mom to shave him. He was feeling pretty weak, so I helped him sit up while mom shaved his whiskers. She was hoping to wash his hair too, but he said no, it was time to lay back down. While dad was resting, mom went over to Tabor. She needed to get some stuff at school and get some groceries for her classes this week. After she got back, we decided to see how the paint I got at Home Depot was going to work out on the old step stool. I got some oops paint for $5, almost a full gallon, quite a bargain. Mom was hoping for more of a blue, but the gray really does look nice. It was looking much better after just one coat. In no time we won't remember it used to be a nasty olive green color. After that mom decided that I should be heading home, so off I went. Not much else interesting happened last night. Dad didn't eat much for supper either and since not much was on tv, they headed to bed early and he only was up once last night.

This morning mom said he was just eating breakfast when I called about 11:00. The nurse had been there and his vitals were good, but he is just tired. He was able to sit up today and told me good morning when I called. Mom said that Lois Aistrope was coming 1st today and then Barb and Leonard Wilkens. She said that today she was doing her pie demo at school. She made the crust last night and had all the ingredients ready for the filling. She was hoping it would work out ok today in class. I told her I was sure it would be wonderful. It is almost time to call her again to see how it went... I will let you all know tomorrow.

Thanks for checking on dad.

Nic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home