Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Missing you Dad

Dad,

I know that I talk to you every day, but maybe if I write this down you will be able to somehow let me know that you have heard me. I miss you. I feel you at times. I hear your voice from memories past. You were such a pillar in my life, at times I don't know if I can make it without hearing from you. Why did GOD have to take you from us all? Who is going to be there to help me deal with Ali's first date or Zac's first driving lesson? I had planned that person being you. I just don't know how that void can ever be filled.

I have been trying to cope with my loss dad. I try every day. I sometimes talk to you on my drive into work. I sure hope that you can hear me when I do. I pour my heart out to you. I ask for your advice a lot. You know, like I did all the time. It may be a work issue or just a hitch in my golf swing that isn't working right. You always listened so well and had a heartfelt response to my question of the day.

Your boy is doing the best he can right now. He wishes that he could hold you one more time and whisper in your ear how much he loves you. If only I had one more chance to say it over and over again. I would love that opportunity.

I'll see you in my dreams tonight Dad.

Your son,

-Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home