Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I hope you can see us now

Dad,

I often think about you sitting in the chair next to me eating peanut butter toast while I was finishing up my homework. This seemed to be our routine after a basketball game or track meet. You would sit in either your chair or mom's chair and crunch away at your toast while I would be trying to get through whatever the assignment was that night. I think about those times now when I am at my desk working, or writing on your blog. I envision you sitting in my visitors chair, with one leg folded over the other. You would have your chin resting on the palm of your hand while chewing off the end of your pinky fingernail. I think if I just turn around, I will see you sitting there awaiting to ask me about my day.

Well, just in case you have been busy, let me catch you up on some of the stuff that is happening. Dade just had his first birthday on Saturday. He is ready to just take off walking without the assistance of any toys. Yep, Nic and Kirk will not know what has hit them when little Dade is fully mobile! You better drop in and check him out. You will not help but smile when he smiles at you.

Mom is doing well. I she is looking forward to watching Ali and Zac at the end of this month. She went out and bought a wading pool for the kids to splash around in. I'm sure Nana will be wet by the time Ali and Zac are finished with her.

Danna and Kevin are doing well. There lives seem to be the most sane of each of us. When I talked to Danna this weekend, she was in good spirits. She is still very busy at Quest. If you drop in to check on Dade, swing on by Danna's place and check in on her as well. I know that she will enjoy having you close.

As for me, I am doing ok. I am getting better at my new role in Embarq. Every day is an opportunity to learn something new. My family is doing fine. Alexandria has finished kindergarten and is looking forward to first grade. Zac is full of energy and can't wait to play baseball when he grows up. On that note, I think he will be left handed!

Well, I should get this message posted and on its way up to you. I love you Dad.

-Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home