Friday, November 12, 2004

Danna's reception is tonight.

Friday has arrived and it was a nice day. I felt normal but nervous about all the activity. Andy and family arrived about 3:30 so things were falling in place. I had showered and shaved earlier in the day so all I had to do was get dressed. The tux fit ok and the red sweater was big but warm.
We arrived at Mark Jewell's at 5:00 and got family and wedding pictures taken in an hour. Off to the lodge for supper and friends. We arrived at 6:30, and my wheel chair was waiting. I spent the evening by the fireplace visiting with friends and family as they would stop to chat. Larry and Myla Giesmann, my college roommate, stayed by our side. The rest of the family was at various tables around the room. The crowd numbered about 250 with well wishes for my daughter and husband, Kevin Hamele. It all went pretty fast and Carol and I left around 9;30. Andy and his family spent Friday night with us and returned to KC late Saturday afternoon. I think everyone had a good time, but I'm sure I couldn't do it again tomorrow.

Love Ya,

Dad

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Bill, So glad that I finally found a method to get in touch with you personally. Mom asked just last night about your e-mail address. I normally visit with her on my 50 minute commute either early in the morning (getting her out of bed) or on my way home at night. She is recovery rather slowly, but seems to be better each day.

I take my students in my 1951 kitchens tomorrow for their first experience at cooking. Within my four kitchens, I only have one that has hot water and all of them have drawer fronts falling off. They are expecting to remodel my room this summer, to make many changes I'm sure of. The person who designed the floor plans absolutely didn't think logically about storage. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in mind.

Dave said the rec was a wonderful event. Tim and I sure wish that we could have attended to see everyone again. Living on this side of the state does limit the time I spend down home and also with family. I haven't been down since I July, gee it seems like decades ago.

Harrison, 15 now has just started basketball last night with a 7pm-9pm practice. Of course, I thought it was rather late to have it, but it's the only time the freshmen can get the gym. He's a terrific young athlete, but unfortunately is still recovering from an injury during football season. I think we're taking him in for a MRI to see how bad it really is and make any adjustments to his schedule.

I'm heading back to Ogden for a quick trip to the dentist. I had a root canal in May and it's decided to get infected 6 months later. Can understand it, but will hopefully get some answers.

Plus, I need to stop by the school and pick up a couple of folders that I left there. My replacement can't or doesn't understand what I mean by file folder, so I'm going hunting. I didn't realize how much "stuff" I left there until I started looking for it. Of course, Tim thinks that I moved everything including the kitchen sink! He's just realizing that teachers tend to gather "stuff".... you can relate, I'm sure!

Well, I'm headed out the door west bound. I wanted to let you know that I get on line almost every day to check up on you and to see how you're doing. I love you very much and your in my daily prayers.

Love, Barb

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home